Monday, January 26, 2009

Hi, my name is...

The crowds dispersed, and the state returned to semi-normalcy. The court of His majesty, Prince Romero Maladante was held as scheduled. We were invited to the seven deadly sins, as per the norm, save this time we met prior to formal Court, in a separate location within the building -not- deemed Elysium. During the meeting itself, Master Montoya announced a proposition. He asked us all to individually reintroduce ourselves to the court and to speak briefly as to better get to know one another. He began with himself and so one by one individuals began the process.
Early on in the process I noted that Alder Murdoch and his new childe made a late entrance. I must admit, his presence made me feel ill, though judging by the expression on his face, he was more uncomfortable coming out of the woodwork.
I know the stories that many of the city's resident have under their belts, but nonetheless the elders of the city are not storytellers. I found myself drawn to the newer members of the court, their stories unknown and fresh. I was most disappointing by Master Santiago and Lord Devonshire. Rather than serve as an example to the other members of the praxis, they chose to cling to their pride and make an arrogant statements of infamy. They are fooling no one. You see, the largest flaw to the event was a lack of preparation. Individuals became so focused on what they could say to impress the collective, that many focused on what they would say once it came around for them to speak, or in the case of Master Santiago, how they could steal the show. Master Montoya would have had much more success had he given individuals several days warning to prepare a statement rather than a few minutes.
Master Santiago did remind me of the legacy left behind by Her Grace, Duchess E. Wyndham. It is most unfortunate that the duchy over so many cities were given so hastily.

It was then decided that court proper would be held in Elysium. I found the choice to be backwards. Elysium should be a place to foster discussion. A prince that holds court in Elysium handicaps himself. Beyond that, Elysium should be a location which the praxis wishes to remain unscathed, not a safe house with which to entice members to attend court. Court is attended because the Prince requires it, and that should suffice for all.

Master Bosen Walker approached me between the two locations asking for mercy in some regard. I found the act to be self incriminating, and mildly pathetic. Nonetheless he expressed an uncharacteristic degree of respect for which I am grateful. I will find out who was responsible for the antics at the Santa Fe gathering, and only after the details have been confirmed shall he have my ear.

In Elysium itself, conversations continued. We were kept waiting for a few minutes, and in came the procession. After presentations, Father Cade announced his support for Sister Morgan Vaughn as bishop. The Lancea Sanctum has been having internal issues since well before Arthur Samuels left the Sanctified. I was happy that Sister Vaughn was now acting Bishop, but the idea that Cade was somehow advocating it somehow soiled the victory. I fear that his stamp of approval will ruin the opinions of influential Sanctified, and I have been working for sometime to make sure she got there on her own accord. Best laid plans.

On the subject of Bishop Vaughn, she gave me that knowing look pleading for some sort of support. I realized I had not brought up the situation regarding Mr. Finnegan. Master Santiago was appropriately accused of attempted murder, and so the back and forth began anew. Mr Finnegan proved that not only was he a terrible excuse of an assassin, he was an incompetent kindred overall with no abilities to tailor his behavior once he had been caught. Father Cade asked of me to hand the investigation to the Mekhet as a whole. He paid the appropriate prestation under the pretense that I would have final say as to whether or not the situation had been resolved. I have plans for Master Santiago. He will never learn.

The situation with Ethel escalated to an interesting level. She now claims domain over Santa Fe with the blessing of former Regent, Master Santiago. I wonder if he has gone insane or merely grasps at straws to gain any ground these days. He would do himself a great service in finding better company. Lord knows, her monstrous behaviors are rubbing off.

No comments:

Post a Comment